Terms of Service for this Beta
0. Non-Legal (and non-binding) summary of what these Terms entail
- a. The Core Engine is maiots property, we license it to you, so you can use it, but at no point are you getting any rights reserved on the things we produce.
- b. This is a beta version of the Core Engine. You might lose data, you might not be able to use the Core Engine at all times, you will encounter limitations and bugs.
- c. You can’t (and shouldn’t) sue us if something breaks.
- d. You get 150€ in “free credits”. That means you can use the Core Engine for 150€ in accumulated resource spend. You will receive an invoice at the end of your beta phase, but it’ll be discounted to zero - just bookkeeping things on our end, don’t worry.
- e. Don’t hack us, the Core Engine or anything else. If you do you’ll have to pay for the damage.
- f. You shouldn’t use the beta in a highly critical environment, because things might break. Just shoot as an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can negotiate production-suitable terms.
1. Definitions, Scope of these Terms, Copyrights and Ownership
- a. These terms and conditions are an extension of maiot’s regular Terms of Service. In case of any inconsistency or conflicting conditions, the Terms and Conditions in this document shall prevail.
- b. All rights about the software product “Core Engine” (“product”) and all affiliated materials, including documentation and information, are reserved and belong to maiot GmbH (“company”, “maiot”, “maiot GmbH”, “we”).
- c. Scope of this agreement is the licensing, not selling, of the product to you as the user.
- d. The maiot GmbH reserves all rights not expressly granted.
- e. You can cancel your account at any time.
2. Disclaimer of Liability and Warranties
- a. The product is to be considered pre-release software. Features are prone to change and bugs will happen. We give no guarantees about functionality or operational state of the product at any time during the participation in the beta.
- b. The software is provided “as is” without any express or implied warranties of any kind, including warranties for merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. In no event shall maiot be liable for any damages whatsoever (including, without limitation, damages for loss of profits, business interruption, loss of data and information) arising out of the use of or inability to use the software, even if maiot has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
- c. We reserve the right to terminate accounts without justification required.
3. Fees and Payment
- a. You get 150€ in free usage of the beta (“credits”). These credits expire 30 days after confirmation of your account.
- b. Credits are counted against these resource prices:
- a. CPUs per hour: 0.08€
- b. Training per hour: 1.30€
- c. We will suspend your account after the credits are spent or have expired.
- d. Accounts can be unsuspended after agreeing to our Terms and Conditions for the “final product” and providing means of payment.
- e. Should you manage to circumvent our resource or credit limits you’re liable to pay for the incurred charges according to the outlined pricing conditions.
- f. Under no circumstances are you eligible for cash or cash-equivalent of the granted credits.
- g. We reserve the right to reduce the granted credit limit at any time.
- h. We reserve the right to stop the beta and cancel accounts at any time without prior notice or justification required.
- i. You will receive an invoice after 30 days from the date of your account confirmation. It will outline your spendings and will receive a 100% discount up until a limit of 150€.
- a. These terms and conditions are subject to change. We will notify you of any changes.
- b. No other agreements between the involved parties (you and us) are valid unless signed in writing by each party.
- a. If any provision of this Agreement shall be found by a court to be void, invalid or unenforceable, the same shall be reformed to comply with applicable law or stricken if not so conformable, so as not to affect the validity or enforceability of this Agreement.
6. Governing Law and Jurisdiction
- a. This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Germany and the State of Bavaria. as If performed wholly within the state and without giving effect to the principles of conflict of law rules of any jurisdiction or the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods, the application of which is expressly excluded. Any legal action or proceeding arising under this Agreement will be brought exclusively in the federal or state courts located in Munich, Germany, and the parties hereby consent to personal Jurisdiction and venue therein.